Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It had to happen sometime . . .

We had our first E.R. visit in 8 years of having kids. Knock on wood- I know! We count our blessings all the time:) & this could have been SO much worse. I hope this isn't the start of something though.

Em fell and hit the corner of her eye on some wood furniture. It only needed two stitches and if she had been a boy we might have let her have a little triangle scar. Adds character right? But since she is a little Princess that just won't do:) She was so brave and liked laying on the little E.R. table. And she was so proud of her Princess sticker and Princess band-aid. We get them taken out tomorrow so we'll see how that goes- I hear that part's not so fun.

On a side note, Greyson decided to eat these little air freshener waxie balls at church that he found on the floor in the Nursing Room the day after this happened to Em. I had to go to the bathroom so I left him by himself on the floor while I went right outside the door to the stalls. I heard him screaming and saw his mouth and hands full of the little balls so I searched for the container and found out what they were. I missed hearing Elder Nelson speak at our Stake Conference because I was busy freaking out that he might be poisoned and cleaning his mouth out the best I could. We went home and looked up the Website for these dumb things and it said they were toxic and to call your Dr. immediately. Well, we called Poison Control since it was Sunday and they told us that it was mostly just essential oils and his mouth may burn but he wasn't going to die. Relief! I think they would have called Child Protective Services on us if we ended up in the E.R. two days in a row:)

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Only one trip to the E.R. in 8 years?! That must be some kind of record. Believe me, if you make two trips to the E.R. in two days, that's normal. :)