Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's was fun as always- we had the girls follow a candy trail to find their Valentine flower and surprise.  We also ate heart pancakes, heart pizza, and heart dessert.  Em was feeling a little left out when the girls came home with their school haul, but luckily they are pretty good to share with her.  And they also got Valentine's from grandparents, cousins, and aunts.  How spoiled are they?  And I got my favorite caramel apples that Greg drove to Manti on his lunch break to get.  What a sweet husband- he knows I'd rather consume anything sweet than watch flowers die:)  I really LOVE my cute family!

My favorite part of the holiday was a new tradition we started though.  I put out a cute Valentine Mailbox and for the two weeks before V-day we all put little love notes in it for each other and then we read them for Family Home Evening the night before Valentine's Day.  What an awesome experience- to have each of them read what other family members love about them and HOW much they love them.  All of their faces just beamed as they read them out loud.  Definitely a new tradition at our house.  I am saving all the notes by year so they can read them when they are older.

On a different note- this is what Em and Grey do every day.

I'm so glad these guys have each other- they truly are best friends.

Greyson loves it when Em falls off- can you tell?
They also love to compose great ballads on the piano:)

Or just to pound the heck out of it!
They also play Polly Pockets all day, color, read books, drive anything with wheels on it (O.K.- not Em on this one), and ask for snacks constantly- definitely two little peas in a pod.