Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life can go on!

Now that our girls have FINALLY met real life Princesses the world can continue to go round. Since that is all that has really mattered in life for a couple years it will be nice to focus on other things:) We really had a great time on our trip to Disneyland & Sea World. The weather was SO rainy (but not cold), at Disneyland so it worked out great because we didn't have to wait in line so the girls went on EVERYTHING as many times as they wanted in one day. They were so brave! They rode every ride but Space Mountain- something about a roller coaster in the dark just didn't sit right with them:) I can't imagine going in the summertime now and having to wait in line for hours with small kids- definately Winter or early Spring or late Fall is the best time to go. My Mom, Dad, Sisters, Jace & Katie helped watch Emi at home or it would have been miserable trying to keep her dry- all I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! The girls really loved Sea World- (the weather was GREAT this day)especially the Killer Whales, Dolphins, Sesame Street Playground and Wild Arctic ride. Anya did go on Atlantis with me & I couldn't believe my ears because I have NEVER heard her scream like that:) At least they were willing to try all the scary rides- even if they didn't want to go on them twice:)
They also finally got to look for shells on the beach- another world stopping event. Even though it was rainy they would have stayed for hours if we let them. We didn't have our umbrellas yet so Mom was the party pooper this time:) No pictures here because of the rain!

On the way home we stopped in St. George so we could show them Mom's favorite temple. As a little girl my family would go to this temple for Family Home Evenings so it was always my favorite. It was fun to show them the "Nut House" and go in the visitor's center.
Greg and I found this amazing- this is a family history chart that shows that Emma & Joseph Smith, Winston Churchill, Pres. Bush, Nixon, Ford, & Roosevelt are all related through one man (Howland) and his three sons. What a small world we live in.Not to leave Em out- now that she is almost 1 1/2 yrs. but still the size of a one year old she can easily climb out of her high chair. This is how I find her if I leave the room for a minute. Guess I can't do that anymore:)
What a little stinker! Hope you all didn't get picture overload:)

11 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

OH I can't wait to go to Disney Land. I am soooo excited. I'm so glad you all had a good time--except for the rain. Great pictures.

Janae said...

I am glad your trip was so fun! I think I enjoyed Disneyland more than my kids did.

and BTW, its a real teacup, I wish I was that good at photoshop. I got in the garden department at Walmart. It is a planter.

Jamie said...

No such thing as picture overload! I have been anxiously awaiting pictures since you guys got home. We got our postcard--Dylan loves it and carries it all over the house. Glad you had a good time!

V said...

Love all the pics, keep them coming. I'm also glad you had a good time. I can't wait to take my kids to Disney Land.

Delene said...

Fun vacation! I'm glad you got to go. Making memories is what it's all about and I think you did a great job! Greg even looks happy!!

marie said...

Laine looked at your pictures with me and she goes "O'h Mom Tink isn't very cute as a human" Dang funny huh. I'm glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear all about it from the girls:)

Coopandcloeysmom said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun. We are going with my family in two weeks. Can't wait. We did San Deigo last year. Sea World, Zoo, Wild Animal Park. The kids loved it. Can't wait to take them back again.

Anne said...

how fun! we can't wait to take our kids to disneyland- maybe next year! looks like you all had a great time!

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

sorry- ang! i got a little click happy and commented 3 times!!