The girls got sand buckets for their baskets this year since they didn't have any for their sandbox- Oni was confused as to why the change. This girl remembers EVERYTHING & was wondering where her other basket was.
I know Em's basket looks huge, but it is Greg's & mine also:) Although she has eaten most of it anyway. How is she so tiny??? Beats me. Now we know She LOVES Hostess Cupcakes.We rolled the boiled eggs down the Gum Hill on Monday for Family Home Evening since the weather was finally decent- the girls have so much fun seeing who's eggs roll the farthest without breaking. Amazingly- one egg made it to the bottom without a crack! & the majority of the others were still intact. I think it is because we did marbled eggs this year so the shells are thicker. Just a tip for all of you die hards wanting to win egg rolling contests:)
Easter Sunday was great- very restful except that I couldn't get one of our Young Women to shut her mouth during class & I was showing the "Lamb of God" video where Jesus gets crucified and then resurrected- usually very heartbreaking except she was totally killing the mood for everyone else- annoying! I really love that movie because I think we all need to be reminded of what Jesus went through in the last days of his mortal life. It makes me so grateful that he went through all that so I (we) don't have to. I love that my family celebrates the Easter Bunny on Saturday and then the true meaning of Easter on Sunday so that it is not forgotten in all the worldly shuffle of things. After church we went to Nephi & had a yummy Easter Dinner with my family- we hadn't been for a while so it was nice.
And now for any of you just dying to see how our house remodel project is coming along . . . . you'll just have to wait a little bit longer:) These are pictures of the house after Greg has all the old siding stripped off, the vents in, rotted wood replaced, flashing fixed, soffit & facia torn off, some plywood replaced & some of the windows reset. He has really been working like crazy to get it ready.
Now he gets a short break because the rest is being hired out (except he will still do the new soffit & facia after the stone & stucco are done:) The stucco guys have been working for three days and the black paper is all on with the pop outs & chicken wire. They started the first coat of stucco yesterday & they are working on it right now- so more pictures to come:) I hope everyone had a great Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment