Monday, June 15, 2009

Stayin' busy

We've been very busy since school got out, but we are loving the weather (yes, even the rain) & getting a lot done on our house. Here is a finished picture now that Greg got the trim on- we are loving the new look- I especially love the chimney stoned. Those of you who don't know what it used to look like probably won't quite get the transformation it has gone through- just imagine three different kinds of old yellowish-white siding & red shingles & you'll kind of get the picture. Now if I could just figure out my flowerbeds:)I went to Youth Conference with our Young Women up at Aspen Grove (Sundance area) & that was fun. It is SO pretty - if I were wealthy I would definately own a cabin there. These are some of my older Young Women- aren't they cute? & a little goofy?Swim lessons are taking up all our free time until the end of this week. The girls are loving it and learning a lot. They had to show off their new swim cover-ups & suits.We've been playing every day at the Gunnison park, Fayette park, or our own backyard. We finally got the girls a trampoline (since we promised them for two years) & they can't get enough of it. We laid on it in the rain two days ago & got soaked- now they are waiting for the rain to go away so we can sleep out on it.I love this picture of Oni & Havie- they wanted a picture in front of the lilac bush & right when I took it a bee landed on Oni.

Little Miss Em is developing quite the fun personality. She is talking all the time now & eating everything in site! The other night I hadn't drained the tub yet & she got right back in it in her P.J.'s.

One of her favorite things to do is to empty out her diaper drawer into her crib & then to try & stack them back in the drawer- this is what we end up with.
Hey, at least it keeps her busy for a while! One last picture for my sisters, Velecia & Neilly, this is what I did with the saying V gave me for my birthday & the iron picture holder Neilly gave me for Christmas- I really like how it turned out. I have been practicing using different actions in Photoshop & they are SO fun! Now if I could just get my own personal Photoshop tutor for everything I still don't know- any takers?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

The house looks AMAZING! You must love coming home to that every day. The girls are adorable, of course. I especially love the picture of Haven on the swing and Emi in the bath with her pj's on. I also like what you've done with your wall. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you and your kids and your house and can't wait to see them all in person. Oh, BTW, Edith already weighs nearly as much as Emi.

JeLe said...

Wow, you have been busy. How adorable is your family? I LOVE your wall and have been tyring to figure out a black and white collage to put on my wall. I have an idea, but will need time to put it together. I love photoshop and could use a tutor too! I'd love to hear how you changed the photos!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

You house is absolutly adorable!!! Super cute pictures one the wall--great job. Your girls are as beautiful as ever. Your so FUN!! I just love ya!!

V said...

It turned out so cute I love it, how did you get your pictures to look so great?

Deborah Hall said...

Your house is way cute. You have done a good job.