Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm a Summer Mom

I recently read an article asking if you were a "Summer Mom" or a "Back-To-School Mom." Summer Mom meaning that you love your kids being out of school and Back-to-school Mom meaning you were just counting the days till they went back:) I am definately a "Summer." I LOVE the carefreeness of summer- the planning of what we are going to do or where we are going to go- with no schedule to tie us down or hold us back. Will we go to the park & have a picnic? What about swimming & popsicles? Maybe shopping & out to eat at McDonalds- (cheap & indoor playground- need I say more?) Bookmobile or Library? Campout on the tramp or in the tent trailer? Fishing or 4-wheeling? Bike ride or walk? Play group or sister time? You get the picture.
While I do love the girls to get back into school & back to learning- I miss them while they're gone & I hate to do the whole on the bus by 7:30 a.m. thing. Also, I hate half day Kindergarten & Preschool where you have to delay your errands to get them on or off the bus at odd times. So- are you a Summer Mom or Back-to-School Mom?Here are the girls jamming to Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me." Thanks for the CD Auntie Rie! I love the one of them swinging their hair (just like Taylor they say), & yes, Em is trying to climb the fridge door.

4 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

ANG--you are a WAY funner mom than me. I feel like we haven't done many fun activities this summer. A few things--my kids like to stay busy. They start school on Monday. Riley is going to all day because of 1st grade. I have mixed emotions about that. I don't want him gone all day--but I think I will enjoy the time.

V said...

I'm a Summer Mom, I sure miss the kids when they are at school all day long, I however am not going to miss them fighting this summer, I don't know what it is this year they are driving my bonkers. I love the pictures of the girls rocking out. I've been wanting that CD as well. Sounds like Lots of fun!!!

marie said...

Funny, I just read the same article and I couldn't decide if I'm a summer Mom or school and I decided that I'm both!!! They just can't label me:) Really I like both I think I'm just a plain old Mom!!!

kriddlec said...

I love your family! The end.