Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Spring Break Vacation

We decided we had better go on a good family trip before the baby is born, since it might be a little while, so over Spring Break we went to Zion's National Park, St. George, Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Calf Creek Falls, and Capital Reef National Park. Our tent trailer broke the last night of camping so we hiked the Falls in a hurry to finish by dark and then luckily we could drive not too far to Bicknell where Greg's sister lives and stay with them for the night and the next day. Thanks you guys for letting us drop in at the last minute!
I had already thought maybe I overdid it a little by hiking to the Middle Emerald Pool with my family and Greg's brother Bryan and his wife Katie- at 7 months pregnant since that night I had a really sore muscle under one of my lungs, but I REALLY overdid it the next day when we hiked to the Falls- 6 mles in 3 hours to beat nightfall. I could hardly walk the next day! Our poor little Havie practically sprinted the whole way- I am so proud of both of them for being such great little hikers! When we were telling them how proud we were of them, Emi said, "Emi did good too." Even though she got carried the whole way- funny girl!
It really was the perfect vacation- having Greg off work and the girls out of school. Everywhere we went reminded me of camping, climbing rocks, playing in the sand and hiking with my family growing up. I'm so grateful to Mom & Dad for sharing so many great places with us- I know we will continue showing our kidlets all the great places there are- even just so close in Utah!

No comments: