Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am sad!










Not REALLY sad, but a little bit sad. My baby turned one 2 weeks ago. I wish they stayed babies longer. While it is so fun to see them learn and grow- I miss the cuddles and babyiness (if that's a word) that surrounds them. Greyson is such a fun little guy (or Big Guy as Em will only call him in her high pitched voice) and is super smart. He is a turbo crawler and gets into most everything. He loves to sit at the top of the stairs and tempt fate- over and over again. He loves to climb on the top of the dishwasher door- over and over again. He loves to pull out my Internet cord- over and over again. He loves to chuck his sippy off the high chair tray- over and over again. I hear this is normal for a boy- I wouldn't know:) I am learning though. He cruises around all the furniture so walking must be coming soon and he still has NO teeth. Crazy for a 1 year old! I hope there are some in there somewhere.
He has his FOURTH double ear infection so tubes may be in our near future- I am the one to blame for this with my genetics I guess. I keep thinking about how I was always blind and deaf in the swimming pool growing up because I couldn't wear my glasses and had ear plugs in. I loved to go swimming still, but it made it hard sometimes. I don't want Greyson so have to go through that.
Anyway, he loves to play outside and crawl funny on the grass. He loves Pitterpat and says, "kitty" now when he sees her. He especially likes to pull her tail- and she is not a nice cat so NOT the best idea ever. He loves to get on the tramp while the girls are jumping and keeps tempting fate again by hanging out over the edge. He is a scardy cat on swings- we have to barely push it or he freaks out and shakes uncontrolably. But we can go as fast as possible on the merry-go-round and he is fine as can be. Funny boy.
Also a spoiled boy- 2 birthday parties and loads of presents and cake and ice cream. Thanks everyone for making his birthday so special and for all his gifts. We are so blessed to have such an incredible family! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY! Now stop growing for a little while.  Mind your Mom!

4 comments:

Shaun-ta' said...

Ang,
What a cute family you have! Boys are definitely different. I have a wild and crazy one myself. He still gets into everything. I had to laugh at your comment about being blind and deaf in the swimming pool - so was I. And I never really learned how to swim very good as a result. My little man had to get tubes at a year old and they were wonderful. No more infections at least not as often. You little guy sure is cute! Hopefully he will get some teeth soon :)!

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Thanks Ta'!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

He is so cute. I can't believe how much he has changed just since I saw him. He is looking more like Anya to me. You have a beautiful family Ang.

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Thanks Marc! How are you guys doing these days in AZ? Greg had to go again for work, but just for a day so we stayed home this time:)