Monday, September 22, 2008

September 2008

Last weekend we had to opportunity to visit Murrell & Marcia in Salt Lake- the girls hadn't seen them for a few months so we made a little vacation out of it. We walked on Temple Square, saw where their mission is and what they do at the Family History Library, went to the museum (CTR exhibit), went swimming, and rode Trax to Gateway so the kids could play in the fountain. It was so fun to visit with the girl's grandparents and see how they are currently living their life on a mission:)

For church we got to go to the Conference Center since they were having a multiple Stake Conference and we got to hear President Monson speak! I always love to hear our Prophet speak in person- what an amazing man he is. I love how he walks into the room and everyone gets to their feet and a hush fills the room- out of awe and respect for him. Even the kids all grew quiet- and that in itself is amazing:) I have such a strong testimony of the truthfullness of the gospel and the great work we are all a part of. We are truly so blessed to be able to serve in the church and help move the work forward and also to be able to raise our children in the gospel.

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Ang-your so great. I too have a testimony of President Monson. I have never heard him speak in person--but I will never forget the feeling I got when I stood in my living room and sustained him as our prophet. It is truly amazing. Thanks for sharing:)

Janae said...

um this is totally random but years ago my Mom and Gregs dad were talking on LDS singles. I looked at his picture and he looked like someone I knew. After they talked a while and he told about where he lived and his kids did I piece it together. He had a son that went to Snow College and went on mission to Russia. I knew it had to be Gregs Dad. I pieced it all together. I don't know if Greg knew that or not. He probably did and told his Dad to stay away since Janae was a crazy girl and so her Mom must be too...LOL. Just kidding. I just thought it was interesting. I am glad to know he is happily married and on a mission!